One of our favorite things we like to eat around here is pizza. My husband is always asking for stuffed crust pizza and for some reason, it always seems so much more expensive to order take out pizza that way. I don’t know why I didn’t try sooner, but homemade stuffed crust pizza is pretty darn good. It might taste even better than the kind that we normally buy.
If you have not tried making your own pizza at home, give it a try! I even thought it would be fun to enter the recipe in the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge to share how easy it is to make homemade pizza and possible win a prize.
Enjoy my Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Recipe below:
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 -7 oz Pizza sauce
- Pepperoni - 20 - 30 slices
- In a bowl, add warm water and yeast. Wait about 5 minutes to allow the yeast to "proof". Stir after the 5 minutes to make sure yeast is completely dissolved.
- In another bowl, add flour, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, oregano and Parmesan cheese. Mix well, then add olive oil and mix again.
- Combine both bowls into one and start kneading the mixture to create a dough consistency. Add more flour if necessary. Keep kneading until the dough is no longer sticky and feels soft to the touch. Roll the dough into a ball form.
- In a bowl, coat with oil and place ball of dough into bowl, rolling it around for a light coat. Put bowl aside for 2 to 3 hours to allow dough to rise.
- Once dough has risen (should be about double it's size), place on a lightly floured surface and use rolling pin to roll into a round shape for your pizza.
- Create a lip around the edge of your dough, about 1½ inches in from the edge. Fill in lip with Mozzarella cheese, fold dough over and create a seal.
- Evenly spread desired amount of pizza sauce, remaining Mozzarella cheese and top with pepperonis.
- Bake at 475 for 11-12 minutes. Pizza will be done with dough is golden and cheese on top is completely melted.
Making the stuffed crust
Ready for the sauce and toppings
Ready for the oven!