For those of you that want to make your own grapefruit sugar scrub recipe, I have an easy recipe for you! Making your own body scrubs is easy, fun and can save you money! I think that these would also make a great gift too!
I recently made some homemade grapefruit sugar scrub that only needs but a few ingredients. This can be used on your body, feet and even your lips.
If you want to make this grapefruit sugar scrub recipe that I made here is the four ingredients that I used.
So I used coconut oil but there are a variety of other oils that you can use like baby oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, safflower and others. I love using coconut oil when cooking so I always have a jar on hand. I think it makes a great oil for these sugar scrubs. I had pink icing color on hand so I used just a tiny amount to get a pink color for my scrub. For the Grapefruit scent I used the Grapefruit Oil from Piping Rock. This is an online store that has a variety of 100% pure essential oils that I can’t wait to try.
Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Recipe
Now to show you just how easy the sugar scrub is to make. First add 1 cup of granulated white sugar.
Next add 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Like I mentioned you can also choose to use other oils, coconut oil just happens to be my preference. Take a spoon or fork and mix it around for about 5-10 seconds.
Next add some food coloring. I took a toothpick and added just a small amount into the mixture and swirled it around.
Next add the essential oil. I added about 15 drops of the Grapefruit Oil from Piping Rock to give it a really good grapefruit scent.
Now stir until all the ingredients are well blended and fluffy. You can also add a little more or less coconut oil depending on the consistency you like. It is easy to create your own easy homemade sugar scrub recipe just how you like it.
Next store your sugar scrub in an airtight container. If you are making scrubs that have a citric scent like grapefruit, orange or lemon I would highly suggest using a glass container. I used a cute little glass container my sugar scrub fit in for only $1 at Walmart.
There was a little extra so instead of smooshing it down I used on my hands and they smelt wonderful after. I love the smell of grapefruit and can’t wait to try this same scrub recipe using my lemon essential oil.
Now if you want to make a cute gift for someone add some twine and a cute little spoon.
For those of you that want to try this at home… Print this….
Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or other preferred oil)
- Grapefruit essential oil - Get some at Piping Rock
- Pink icing color (or pink food coloring)
- In a bowl add 1 cup of granulated white sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Take a spoon or fork and mix it around for about 5-10 seconds.
- Add a drop of pink icing color or a couple drops of pink food coloring.
- Add the essential oil. You may want to use about 10-15 drops of the Piping Rock Grapefruit Oil to give it a really good grapefruit scent. Add more depending on your preference.
- Stir until all the ingredients are well blended and fluffy. If the texture is too dry, add a small amount of the oil until you reach the desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container. A glass container is preferred. Store in cool area as coconut oil will change consistency when warm.