I am a mom that likes plants and I LOVE succulents. With that said I was excited to receive a review copy of A Family Guide To Terrariums For Kids to add to my bookshelf. This book is great for kids that love plants because it includes 15 unique, imagination-inspiring project plans that include full-color photographs. With this book, both kids and the grown-ups can discover just how easy terrariums are to plant and grow!
Here are just some of the things you will learn how to do in this book:
- Use multi-colored sand and succulents to craft a desert terrarium
- Plant, trim, and tend a terrarium bonsai tree
- Built a peat bog filled with carnivorous plants
- Make an aquatic terrarium, complete with a marimo moss ball “pet”
- Design a prehistoric garden of air plants
- Create a plant-filled habitat for a praying mantis
- Grow a Japanese garden with living rocks
To me, this book is 112 pages of fun stuff to read. It also includes 150 photos to learn and get ideas from too!