This past week I have not spent as much time in the kitchen as normal. My family and I have been under the weather which not much of an appetite until last night. I felt in the mood for pizza and remembered my friend Crystal posting a recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Muffins that sounded not only good, but easy to make too!
So last night I turned on the oven and got to mixing the ingredients for these yummy muffins. Now Crystal used Mozzarella cheese in her recipe, but since I am participating in the Weight Watchers Swap It Challenge, I used some Weight Watchers cheese instead. These muffins came out better than I expected and definitely something I will be making again.
|Pepperoni Pizza Muffins Recipe – Weight Watchers Swap It Challenge #2|
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups Weight Watchers shredded cheese
- 3 to 4 oz Pepperoni – diced
- 1 egg
- pizza sauce or your favorite dipping sauce
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and oregano. Whisk until blended.
- Add milk to mixture and whisk.
- Add egg to mixture and whisk.
- Add cheese to mixture and whisk..
- Add diced pepperoni to mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture evenly in muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick comes out of center clean.
- Cool and enjoy with pizza sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Since I love capturing the moment with my Nikon DSLR, I thought I would make a video to show you just how easy it is to make these too!
If you are trying to watch what you eat, try swapping some Weight Watcher cheese in some of your meals!
Until Next Time, Stefani…
Disclosure – I received photography equipment by the manufacturer or representing PR agency in exchange for this post. These opinions expressed are my own opinions and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.