When it comes to things I enjoy doing, one would definitely be baking. There are those days when I would rather order take out, but for the most part, I enjoy cooking for my family and baking up some tasty treats that will have them asking for more. One cookie that I really enjoy cooking for myself + the family is my lemon drop cookies.
Since I kind of find baking like a hobby, I am always trying to come up with my own recipes as well as find recipes online that have already been tried that I know are going to be good. I have a huge collection of cookbooks, but finding a recipe online always seems easier. One website that I have bookmarked for when I am looking for a recipe is the McCormick website. Not only do I LOVE their products, they also have a great collection of recipes that you can browse on their website. Take a peek at my McCormick spice collection:
On the McCormick website, you will find the “My Look Book” feature that allows you to bookmark the recipes on their site that you want to be able to find easily. When you click on the “My Look Book” icon on their website, you will be taken you a page with your recipes you selected. Below is a quick screenshot of the my “My Look Book” on the McCormick website:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 2 tsp McCormicks Lemon Extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and ¾ cup powdered sugar until fluffy. Add the lemon extract and mix until well blended and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended.
- Add both bowls of mixture together and blend at medium speed about 1 to 2 minutes or until blended.
- Create small 2 inch balls of dough and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with remaining powder sugar.
What McCormick spices do you keep on stock in your kitchen?
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCormick. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating”