Last weekend I was at a blogger breakfast and tried a couple dished that were prepared by Jean and Kip from Global Spoon. They brought a cauliflower quiche and a roasted bell pepper tarte for the bloggers to try. When I got home and thought about the two recipes I had tried, the tart inspired me to make my own version…
Since I had some Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes to try, I thought they would be perfect to go into a Tomato Basil Tart.
Now making a Tomato Basil Tart is really especially, especially with the tomatoes already ready to use. First you will cook the pie crust according to directions on package. Next when it comes out of the oven, sprinkle 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese and allow to slightly melt. Add a layer of fresh basil leaves then top with a layer of the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes. I chose to go with the Zesty Peppers flavor which isn’t to hot once they are cooked.
You will then want to have a mixture made up of 1/2 cup mayo, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 TBS minced garlic. Once you have that mixed up well you will want to spread the mixture on top.
Put in oven and bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until browned.
Allow to cool, slice and enjoy! This is a recipe that I enjoyed and plan on making again, maybe with an addition of roasted bell peppers too!
Want a printer friendly version of this recipe? See below:
- Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Pie crust (store bought)
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/8 cup graded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbs minced garlic
- Fresh basil leaves
- Bake the pie crust according to directions on package.
- Once out oven sprinkle 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese and allow to slightly melt. Allow to cool.
- Add layer of fresh basil leaves.
- Add layer of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes
- In a bowl add mayo, Parmesan cheese, garlic and remaining Mozzarella cheese. Mix well and spread on top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until browned.