During the holidays there are nights when you I want to relax and not spend so much time in the kitchen. Although I love to cook, spending quality time with my kids is what I cherish because they grow so fast! When it comes to cooking during the holiday I love casseroles! They are EASY to make and can be delicious, depending on what you add inside. My latest family favorite is my Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Casserole.
When I make casseroles you will almost always find vegetables inside. As a mom I try to find as many different ways to include vegetables in the meals I prepare for my family. Kids can be picky so I try to sometimes hide them and hope they won’t notice. I love vegetables and since there is times I want to save time preparing our meals, I always keep some of the Birds Eye frozen vegetables in my freezer.
Since the weather was warm this past weekend I wanted to cook something nice and warm for dinner. I thought I would make a casserole I know the family would enjoy. I used some cream of chicken, cream of celery, shredded chicken, cheese, french fried onions and the Birds Eye Steamfresh vegetables which included broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I was happy when there was NO leftovers to put away. These are the kind of meals that matter and make my heart happy!
Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Casserole Recipe
Do you or your family enjoy casseroles? Want to make a delicious casserole that includes chicken, cheese and a variety of vegetables? My recipe is easy to prepare and ready to eat in just 30 minutes! Be sure to print my casserole recipe below:
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 22.6 oz can cream of chicken
- 10.5 oz can cream of celery
- 2 cups french fried onions
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 10.8 oz Birds Eye Steamfresh Frozen Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrots)
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a casserole dish add cream of chicken, cream of celery and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Add 1 cup cheese, 1 cup french fried onions and vegetables and stir.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and stir casserole gently. Top with remaining cheese and french friend onions. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Cool at least 5 minutes and enjoy!
This is just one way that you can use the Birds Eye vegetables.They offer quite the variety of vegetables which makes your recipe possibilities endless! If you are looking for a classic recipe for the holidays, be sure to try the Birds Eye Green Bean Casserole recipe too!
To find more recipes like this one to make for the holidays visit: www.birdseye.com/vegetable-recipes
Birds Eye Prize Pack Giveaway
One of my LUCKY readers is going to WIN a Birds Eye Prize Pack that includes Birds Eye branded notebooks, measuring spoons, bag clips and 4 coupons for free product! To enter for your chance to win use the Rafflecopter below: