One of the first cookies I remember learning how to make was Snickerdoodles. I remember making them in a Home Economics class when I was in high school. I have since been making these YUMMY cookies ever since and even made Snickerdoodle Muffins last year that were definitely a HIT.
Yesterday I decided to make some Snickerdoodle Bars. They taste like the cookie, but even better. Want to make some too? Below is my recipe for some delicious Snickerdoodle Bars.
- 2¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks butter – room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Sugar/Cinnamon for topping
- In a bowl, cream sugars and butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Add batter to 13×9 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until center comes out clean with a toothpick. If you are not using a nonstick baking dish, be sure to spray with cooking spray so bars to not stick.
- Remove from oven sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar mixture and allow to cool before serving.
Here are some pictures of me making these yummy Snickerdoodle Bars!
My KitchenAid 7 Quart Stand Mixer was put to use to make my job in the kitchen easier.
Time to cream the butter and the sugars.
Now I have added the remaining ingredients and mixing to make a batter.
Spread the batter evenly in the dish and lick the spatula!
After they have baked, add some cinnamon and sugar mixed to the top to make these Snickerdoodle Bars even tastier!