10 Tips For Taking Care Of Yourself So You Can Be The Best Mom/Wife/Entrepreneur Possible
This is a guest article below:
by Janeen Jackson
Most of us women forget this but it's true...If you don’t take care of yourself, you
won’t be in your best shape to do what you need to do to take care of your family.When
you take care of yourself mentally & physically you can give to your family from a better
place. Make your well being more of a priority and everyone in your family will benefit from it.
1. You have support – use it. Think about it & be honest. Are there people around you
that would help you if you just asked? Parents, siblings, friends, neighbors? I know
some of you don't like to ask for ANYTHING. I can relate with that sometimes. But you
are only human! Sometimes we need help. And it makes people feel good to do nice things
for others. I know I feel good about myself when I know I have helped take the load off
of someone. Learn to say yes for a change!
2. Sleep, things can wait. Now really. Are the dishes going anywhere? Are the clothes
gonna disappear if you don't put them away before you go to bed? There are a ton of
things that “need” to be done. But really, what's more important? Those chores being
done, or your well being? You're body was designed to sleep! You can't get around it.
It needs the time to rest, repair & heal itself. Without enough sleep you aren't in good
shape physically or mentally.
3. Exercise. Figure out what you enjoy the most & do that. Don't go spend hours a week
at the gym working out if you don't like being at the gym! Do you like walking in your
neighborhood? Do you enjoy dancing? Do you like to run? Do you like a certain sport; tennis,
basketball, etc? Do you like to swim? Figure out what you enjoy that involves some physical
movement and do that.
4. LAUGH! It is truly one of the most important things in my life. I love to make people
laugh, and love people that can make me laugh. My mom has always said she enjoys how I can
make her laugh. That makes me feel good to bring joy to peoples lives, even if just for a moment.
I have a friend that does that for me. She can make me laugh with seemingly no effort. Try it!
5. Surround yourself with things that make you feel good, calm, relaxed. What smells make
you feel good, happy, calm? What sounds? Sights? If you don't know, experiment. Find what
calms you & makes you feel good & surround yourself with that!
6. Be grateful for what you already have. Look at things & people in your life and find
the positive and be grateful for those things. Don't spend your time dwelling on the negative
about people & situations. Look for the positive!
7. Spend time w/friends when possible. Even just lunch with the girls, or a 20 minute walk
with a friend, go see a funny movie. It doesn't have to be a big “girls night out” production
or something like that. Just find little windows of time that you can get together with a girlfriend,
mom or sister.
8. Take a relaxing bath. Have candles, music, whatever brings you joy. Make a rule about no
interruption for a certain length of time. Enforce it!
9. Have a glass of wine. I didn’t used to like wine at all. Wine is especially helpful if you
are having trouble falling asleep, or if you are feeling very tense & getting grumpy with the
kids, it just takes the edge off.
10. Delegate. You don't have to do everything yourself! Let your kids help. Even the younger kids
can help and they feel proud of themselves for helping! Hey, even even your husband might help if
you ask nicely.
These are just a few things you can do to help make your life a little calmer & less stressful.
Just think about your unique situation & come up with solutions to problems that work for you!
Are Money Struggles Taking Some Of The Happy Out Of Your "Happy Home"?
I'm Building A Recession Proof Online Business.
Would You Like To Join Me?