No Breadcrumbs? No Problem! Use Granola to coat your chicken breast for a delicious new twist. Viki’s Granola is nutritious, delicious & made with 100% ALL NATURAL ingredients, gluten-free, minimal added sugar, and baked with love!
Below is a delicious recipe for chicken breaded with some granola and panko crumbs that you will want to try.
Granola Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup Viki’s Original Granola
- ½ cup of flour
- 1¼ pounds chicken cutlets
- Safflower, canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and Pepper
- Place eggs into a shallow dish.
- In a food processor pulse panko crumbs and granola. Place the breadcrumb mixture into another shallow dish.
- Place flour into a third shallow dish.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Set heat to medium and add ⅛ inch of oil in a large frying skillet.
- While the oil heats, dip the cutlets one by one first into the flour (shake off excess) then into eggs and finally into the granola panko mixture.
- When the oil is hot, place the chicken cutlet onto the skillet.
- When the bottom is golden brown, in about 3 minutes, flip and brown the other side.