Do you like making dishes with chickpeas? In celebration of Mediterranean Diet Month find an easy and delicious recipe for a chickpea spread that you are sure to enjoy that features Greek extra-virgin olive oil that is used in everyday Mediterranean dishes including appetizers, breakfast dishes, dinners and even dessert!
Chickpea Spread Recipe
- 15oz can of chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons PDO Kalamata Greek extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mash half of the chickpeas lightly in a bowl with a fork.
- Mix in PDO Kalamata Greek extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. If desired, add 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Mash all ingredients together thoroughly or, if a smoother spread is desired, use a food processor to blend the ingredients.
- Enjoy with pita chips or raw veggies!
Recipe makes 2 servings.